Reading Culture Development
MOHD SHARIF APEN
Assistant Director, MBKM Secretariat
Tel: +603 8321 7001; Fax: +603 8321 7012
Functions of the Reading Culture Development Unit:
- Plan and draft reading culture development policy in line with the National Book Policy.
- Plan and execute reading programmes and activities with book industry players and other agencies.
- Coordinate and oversee all reading movement activities at national level that are sponsored by book industry players and other agencies.
- Assess and study reading materials that are used as sources for programs that encourage reading in schools.
- Provide assistance and advice to book industry players in supplying reading materials to schools.
- Establish relationships with the media for the purpose of reading movement promotion campaigns.